Registration for the 2019 LVLL Fall Ball season is NOW OPEN! Click here to register a player.
Lynn Valley Little League is planning on fielding teams in 4 Divisions: Majors A/B, AAA, and AA. With enough interest LVLL will consider a Juniors fall ball team as well. Players between 8 and 12+ are eligible to play Fall Ball. Please refer to the Age Determination calculator here to determine your child’s “baseball age” and whether they are eligible.
What is Fall Ball?
- The primary focus of LVLL’s Fall Ball program is development; it’s an opportunity to expose players moving up to a higher division next season to playing with and against players and teams they’ll be facing in 2020.
- This is particularly helpful for players moving up from Single A to AA where they’ll be introduced to live pitching for the first time, and for players moving up to Majors from the Minors divisions.
- The Fall Ball season runs over a 6-8 week period from just after Labour Day to mid/late-October (weather permitting)
- Expect a mix of practices and games; usually at least 1 practice during the week and 1 to 2 games on weekends.
- All practices will take place at Viewlynn Park or Kirkstone batting cage.
- While many games will be played at Viewlynn Park, expect some to also be played off the North Shore (e.g. New West, Trout Lake, South Vancouver etc.).
- Other association participating will include Highlands, Mount Seymour, West Vancouver, South Vancouver, Dunbar, New Westminster,
- The teams will be coached by LVLL volunteer parent coaches. Please indicate whether you’re able to assist with coaching, scorekeeping, field prep, etc.
- Due to multiple other commitments many kids have in the fall (e.g. school, soccer, hockey, etc.), team rosters are larger (usually 16 players) than during the regular season to ensure there are sufficient players to field a team for games.
- The registration fee for Fall Ball is $100 and includes a Fall Ball t-shirt.
We look forward to seeing you out on the diamond this September!
– Lynn Valley Little League